This application provides near-real time information on:
1) Fire danger forecast up to 10 days in advance on the bases of the Canadian Fire Weather Index (FWI)
2) Lightning occurrence
3) Active fire detections from the NASA MODIS and VIIRS sensors
4) Near-real time burnt area perimeters derived from MODIS and VIIRS
5) Fire emissions from the Copernicus CAM Service
In addition, access to a static global fuel map is available.
This application provides a historical overview of fire regimes at country and sub-country level for the period 2002-2019. It includes maps of yearly/monthly burnt areas, burnt area frequency and burnt area seasonality. Additionally, it provides multi-year and single-year charts of
1) Number of fires derived from GlobFire
2) Burnt areas derived from MODIS MCD64A1
3) Fire regimes (seasonality)
4) Monthly fire size distribution per year
5) Landcover damage and
6) Yearly/monthly wildfire emissions
Data are downloadable in the application.